May 12, 2011

Kaala Bandar

“Hey Kaala Bandar,
Baahar hai ya andar”
(O Black Monkey, are you somewhere out there or are you inside me)

I was watching ‘Delhi-6’ and wondering what exactly is "Kaala Bandar"? It is than that I realized that believe it or not, there is a "Kaala Bandar" inside every one of us out here. Everyone knows that this “Kaala Bandar” resides inside them but they don’t want to accept it. They tolerate it instead of trying to eliminate it. May be their will power is weak or they underestimate this “Kaala Bandar”.

Talking about the "Kaala Bandar" inside me, it is practically huge. And it grows further when I treat some fellow citizen with hatred just because we are not of same religion or caste, when I commit something which I ought not to do, when I avoid any of my duties as a student, as a responsible citizen, or a son. I try not to ponder over this but sometimes it is so frustrating that I feel I am a criminal. It seems as if it is eating me up from inside. I feel as if I am hiding something under veils. I feel as if I am not true to myself. It is tough to get rid of it. In fact, it is tough for all of us to get rid of it.

The best we can do from now on in this situation is at least we can prevent its further growth. We can try not to fuel it with our deeds. We have to stay away from the seven sins- wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. In this way, the "Kaala Bandar" inside us will be dormant and ineffective. Who knows one day it might be vanquished.

No comments: